3/20/11

How do you solve a problem like me?


You don't.... you embrace it and fucking run with it.


Why is it I feel like my posts have suddenly taken on a Sheen like quality?  By the way, is that guy still going strong?  I seem to have lost track.  Last I heard he was taking the crazy on the road.  Why not?  It'll been pretty remarkable to see how far he can take the crazy.  He's almost becoming and evangelical zealot of crazy.


Off topic, I know - sorry about that.


Sunday night and the rain is pouring down -- "a baptism" as Lloyd Dobler would say - however you won't find me at the Gas n Sip exclaiming "bitches, man!"


What is with people and 100% -- people in life for some reason think they need a guarantee (or are deserving of one).  There is no guarantee. Period - exclamation point.  When you by a TV you usually get some sort of a guarantee... and the guarantee is if it breaks within a certain amount of time you can get it fixed or replaced.  It doesn't guarantee it won't break.


Marriage, relationships, jobs, etc. are the same thing.  There is never a guarantee that they will last forever, so deal with it, do it, and know that things break... sometimes they can be fixed and sometimes they can't... and when they can't you have the option of getting a new one.


I relate this most to marriage.  Today's marriage isn't your parents or grandparents marriage - today's marriages come with a lot less pressure.  If you're sitting around and waiting for some guarantee it will last forever then you're going to be waiting a long time and you may just ruin the best thing you've got going.  And guess what, if it turns out your marriage is not meant to last forever you get to pull the plug and try again if you so choose.


Don't get caught up --- get going --- give it a try because it's fun, especially the first go round.  I can't comment on what the second one will be like because I haven't been through it yet.


Wow, what a topic to get on... this just sort of free flowed out of me.  But I look at my thoughts on marriage and they're pretty in line with my thoughts on everything.  At the end of the day you have to do your best and that's all you can do.  Fear is the great paralyzer and if you're fearful of taking the leap because you're concerned it's not going to work out then you may never get the nerve to do it.


I'll say it again - FEAR IS THE GREAT PARALYZER - it will keep you from reaching your goals. 


You should be fearful of things that are detrimental to your health and well being... otherwise what's stopping you from going for it?  Having been through divorce and fearful of what it was going to be like, I am here to tell you you'll survive if it doesn't work out.  I'm not saying just throw it away at the first sign of trouble.  I believe strongly that both parties, if committed, need to do their best to keep it together.  Just know that if it's THAT bad you can end it.


I have said it before and I will say it again.  I loved being married and I would do it again.  If you're the marrying kind then give it a shot if you're in the position to do so.


Alright, I'm done.  I think you catch my drift.  I'm going to go and daydream about women.


Beeeeef Jelly!


H-less




BONUS:

No comments:

Post a Comment