1/27/11

I was going to get into a nice long meditative post last night, but got caught up in more important things.... texting with Cath... isn't that just like a typical guy?


For so long I thought I was alone in my "guy behavior", but in truth I think we are all variations of the same thing.  I know I'm not alone in pursuing the unlikely girl who is most likely not interested in anything more than friendship.  When friends tell you it's a waste of time... of course I'm not going to give up.  The key difference is always keeping your options open... and that's what I do...I also don't lose sight of the reality of the situation.  I'm hopeful yet realistic.


It use to be, in my youth, I would get preoccupied with one girl... now, as I've grown and matured, I can be interested in many, and... I am (there's Sandra, Girl With No Name Yet, etc.)  I've said it before, I believe that there is more than one girl or guy out there for someone - there are many to chose from and I'm going to enjoy getting to know each and every one of them... or as many as possible until I'm ready to pull the trigger with one and do the bf/gf thing.


I no longer think that showing interest is somehow making a promise to someone... and if you opt out then it shouldn't be taken personally.  We're all trying to find the right mix.  It's like being at a dance.  You dance with a girl and either keep going or move on to the next one.  However, in this case, "dancing" can be everything from hanging out, making out, to (whistles long and loud).


I am just at much at risk as you are when it comes to being let down by someone so it's a fair trade as far as I'm concerned.  So, let's enjoy getting to know one another, let's see if there is physical chemistry, and let's agree that if either party isn't fulfilled by the other than we'll move on and chalk it up to experience.  I won't take it personal and neither should you... DEAL?!  DEAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment