1/1/11


Many look at the first day of the new year as way to begin some sort of endeavor -  be it a "photo a day",  a "blog a day", etc. etc. etc....


Well, here I go with my own sad attempt to track my progress through 2011 - a year I like to describe as "The Year of Loving Dangerously" (but I assume you got that from the title listed above).

What's it mean?  Fuck if I know... but it has something to do with me trying to take on the prospect of love and relationship with new eyes and mindset.

Life post marriage has been a string of first dates, make out sessions, a one night stand or two, and yes even some heartbreak managed to weasel its way in... This will be taken to task in the new year and I will no longer be motivated by the physical... no more hooking up for the sake of hooking up (however, the world is not black & white and I'm sure there will be moments when I fall off the wagon.  I promise to be forthcoming if said "moment" occurs... it should make for an interesting read to say the least).

I plan to keep these entries brief - I don't want to labor on too long about what I am experiencing. Short, to the point, and hopefully entertaining to boot.  I will do my best to be fair to all parties involved (don't worry, real names will never be used).  I plan on taking taking myself to task for any situation I put myself in.  At the end of the day this is about me and that is a big part of me trying to sort out a new approach.

The concept I'm toying with?  Initially, love needs to be a selfish act - if I'm not selfish initially then I will find myself involved in something out of obligation (not a wise way to go).

So here it goes.  January 1, 2011... wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment