1/15/11

Ooooooooh!  It pains me to have to say it.... to admit it, to utter the words -- Yours truly was flaked on.  NOOOOOoooooooooo!   Yes, it's true.  The day I was looking forward to came and went without my meet up with Cath.


Now mind you, I am coming off of a middle of the night text inviting to come hang out, so it's not a complete debacle... granted I'm sure she was slightly intoxicated, but still she did reached out and invited spur of the moment...


So what happened?  Well, to hear her tell it, her friend is at her place and is under the weather, so she's looking after her.  Is it true?  Who the fuck cares.  For all I know, she just decided that she'd rather hang with her friends today.  So be it.  It's not like I haven't pulled that maneuver before.  Let her do her thing.  I've got plenty I can do, even if it's sitting outside, sipping an iced coffee on an amazingly gorgeous day and writing on the computer thingy.


I will live to fight another day.  As I've said in the past, I'm learning not to take things personally... And in this case, there isn't anything to take personally.  I mean, I'm in the very early stages of getting to know someone. She doesn't owe me a thing and it would be to my disadvantage to be anything but understanding - be it for a sick friend or otherwise.  Now, obviously if we were involved in some way and suddenly started to get flaked on... well, then that would be more suspecter gadget.


And when she texted me about the flake-age on the day, I simply told her "no worries" and that I hoped her friend feels better -- nice and simple... doesn't make her feel bad and doesn't make me look desperate.  Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to hanging with her in person (since it has yet to happen), and was mildly bummed when she pulled the change-up... but I always had that possibility in the back of my head, so I was not shocked or anything when she did ultimately cancel.  Again, expectations and the managing of.  It really makes living life soooooo much easier.


I know we'll talk again, in fact we had an amusing texting exchange later in the evening (she was at some b-day thingy and I was at a client thingy).  Things will progress as they are meant to.  And seriously, nothing was going to bring be down today - it's was just too nice of a day outside.  I went and got my car washed, did a little cleaning around the house, made myself some lunch and enjoyed the fresh air.  My evening was equally awesome as well.  


So, indeed, nothing to complain about, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment