2/15/11

Can you feel it?


It's 5:25pm PST and I haven't posted my most recent disasterpiece.  What gives?


Well, theYOLD readers... sorry for the delay.


I've been busy.... but never too busy to say a little something.


Divorce is odd experience (to say the least) -- I'm sure I could come up with a ton of expressions to describe what it's been like.  But I'd like to quickly share this.  I'm not sure how many of us who were married thought we would end up divorced from our spouses.  I certainly knew it was possible, but I did think the odds were in my favor... especially because of "the photograph".


You see, I think in every circle of friends there are the couples everyone expects to get divorced and the ones no one does.  For better or for worse, we were lumped into the latter... "the photograph" didn't help matters.


You see the photo that exists (and I think every group of married friends has this) is from your "stereotypical" couples weekend getaway.  You know the one depicted in movies that somehow involved Alan Alda as an over analyzing husband.  Anyways, I have one of those trips in my arsenal.  And if you looked at that picture at the time, and knew the players involved, you might be able to determine who you thought would last and who wouldn't.  From that photo, two fell victim to the D-word sooner than later and it was only us and another couple remaining.


When it was announced we were ending it, people were shocked.  We were the couple people thought would last... which just goes to show you that you never can really know what goes on between two people when you're not around.  it was always an interesting to notion to look at "the photograph" and wonder what the outcome would be.


I am happy to report that the remaining couple in "the photograph" are still together.  I hope they make it -- they deserve to.


See ya, suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment