2/16/11

You all must hate me!


I feel like I'm so behind.  It used to be I would get these up first thing in the AM... now, I'm finding myself rushing mid-day just to get something posted.  But still, I am meeting my goal of writing something every day, so that counts for something.


Today I offer this - again, it's something I've touched on before.


A lot of us (if not all) go through life thinking there is some sort of rule book for the way things have to work when it comes to relationships.  I think the old fashioned approach to marriage is slowly evolving into something different.  I do believe in love, and commitment, and even marriage. But two people can only do their best and if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.  There should be no shame in it.  As long as both people did the best they could (remember though the "best" is an always changing thing based on a number of factors).


People will give you opinions as to what works and what doesn't - as I've always said there are no absolutes.  So while there may be a pattern as to what works and what doesn't, it doesn't mean there can't be exceptions to the rule.


However, no one should be faulted for their opinion.  What works for one may not work for the other.... and thus the negotiation begins and the two people involved try to find some form of common ground.


Relationships begin and end and sometimes begin again... I say "great!" -- Do what you want as long as it's not detrimental to your health (both physically and emotionally).  Spend less time assuming what the other person is thinking and just ask... the truth is much better and usually not as bad with what we play out in our minds.


This is a very free form stream of conciousness posting.  I hope it makes sense.


Party on, dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment